2023 Pick ‘N Play
Rules for Play
Due to Green Renovation, the 2023 Pick n Play will not be held. We hope to resume in 2024.
- Eligibility – All Competitors must have an USGA Handicap with at least 5 posted scores OR have an established GANGSOME Handicap.
- Entry Fee – $10 (cash) Per Tournament plus golf fees.
Tournament Dates Pick By Play By
The Players Championship 3/10 to 3/13 3/9 3/11
The Masters 4/7 to 4/10 4/6 4/9
PGA Championship 5/19 to 5/22 5/18 5/21
US Open 6/16 to 6/19 6/15 6/18
British Open 7/14 to 7/17 7/13 7/16
- By the Tournament Pick By Date, each contestant will pay $10 Entry and make their pick to win that’s week Major Golf Tournament.
- A contestant can only pick the same player one time and can only have one entry each week.
- The contestant can play one round to help “their pro” at the completion of the tournament. Using their handicap, anytime from Monday to Saturday of tournament week, the contestant can play an 18-Hole Round at Carolina Lakes Golf Course. Using their Handicap (or GANGSOME handicap), they will help “their pro” improve their score according to how many under par they shoot. For Example – Contestant picks Tiger Woods to win the Players Championship and pays their $10 on Monday March 7th. The Contestant returns on Friday March 11th and plays an 18 Hole Round. They shoot a 74 and they have an 8 Handicap giving them a Net Score of 66 or 4 Under Par. Tiger Woods finishes 2nd after Sunday with a 13 Under Par Score. The Contestant gets to add their 4 Under Par Score, giving Tiger 17 Under and they win the golf tournament.
- After figuring each Contestants Final Round Score, gift cards will be issued to the top 33% of entrants.
- USGA Rules will apply and a Tournament Rules Sheet will be provided.
- Each Contestant must be playing with another competing Contestant at the time of their round.
- Changes To Format 2022:
1. Score combined with “handicap help” will be their score for the week (No Maximum Score)
2. If a Contestant wishes to compete, but cannot play during the allotted time, a score of plus 2 will be added to the highest score posted and to “their pro’s score”. For example- The highest amateur score turned in for the week is 80 your score will be 82.
3. Scores will be adjusted with competitors USGA GHIN. If you are a GANGSOME Member, your GANGSOME handicap will be used.
- All but $50 of Entry Fee Money will be paid out each week in Gift Cards. Gift Cards can be used for Range Balls, Merchandise, Cart Fees, and Greens Fees (no Snack Bar).
- Rest of Money will be held for the Tour Championship & Match Play (Cash Payout).
- Tour Championship
- Points will be awarded each week and a cumulative list will be kept throughout the year.
- After the British Open, the top 30 will qualify for the Tour Championship.
- Entry Fee for Tour Championship is $20.
- The Contestants will receive “their pro” during a blind draw done by golf shop before Tour Championship Week (August 25th-28th).
- Money must be received by Wednesday August 24th.
- Each Contestant will be allowed to play 1 FREE Round to help “their pro” from Monday August 22nd to Saturday August 27th.
- Same Rules Apply as Regular Season.
- Top 33% will get paid from purse determined by Tour Championship Entry Fees. All winners will be paid by Gift Cards.
- Match Play Championship
- Top 16 finalists from Tour Championship qualify
- $10 per match until Semi-Finals
- Single Elimination
- Matches seeded by season ending points list
- Handicaps will be posted once field is set and remain the same until the tournament is complete
- Once field is set each match must be played within two weeks (1 week grace period with legitimate reason). After grace period match is conceded to higher seed unless otherwise decided by rules committee. Example: Higher seed refuses to play for any reason within allotted time, than match is conceded to lower seed.